Sunday 4 October 2015

Initial ideas for student magazine (including mode of address name ideas)



Initial ideas for student magazine

Name:
  • Student: It’s simple, and says the people who it is for, but it is a bit boring and unoriginal and won’t make it stand out from the crowd, because lots of student magazines will go for something simple and easy, like student.
  • Ludlow student magazine: Says exactly what it is and what its purpose is, but sounds quite serious and formal, probably not the best name for a student magazine, which should be fun and quite informal. 
  • Student life: Says it'll be about students and their lives, simple but effective.
  • Student news: Shows it will be about things for students, what’s relevant for them; what they can do, what they will find interesting. 
I'm going to name my magazine something fun and original. Something that appeals to students and isn't too serious or boring. My magazine name may not include the word student or college but I shall write underneath that it is a student magazine. 

House Style and Brand Identity:
 I want my house style and brand identity to be consistent throughout my magazine; I want it to be simple but exciting throughout. My masthead will be quite bright so it stands out and the colour scheme for everything else will be darker colours with small bits of colour added in. I shall try and keep my fonts as similar as possible throughout the front cover and contents page.

Mode of Address:
I will try and make my mode of address quite informal and chatty to appeal to the student audience, I shall also try to make it quite relatable so it will appeal to my target audience, I shall try and refer to the audience a lot so they feel it is about them.

Central Image:
My central image shall fit the whole of the background of my magazine; this will fill in gaps and make it look like there is a lot going on in the magazine. My central image will relate to my splash and shall be shot in medium shot, this will show the head an upper body of the person or people in my photo and this will also mean that it will fill the front of my magazine.

Content: 
I will add things for students to do, such as events and things to do in their spare time, such as what movies to watch. This will make the magazine fun and also adding a giveaway and competitions will make the magazine appeal to young people. I shall also add advice about life and college because this could be helpful to some students. I would like add parts in my magazine about things to do for different national holidays, e.g. for October I could add things to do at Halloween.

Colour Palette and Use of Fonts:
For my magazine I shall use darker colours in the background to bring out the information in the foreground. I shall use brighter colours for my masthead as that will be the main thing to attract people to my student magazine. I shall try to keep the fonts similar throughout my magazine and I shall use quite easy to read fonts so everyone can read my magazine easily.

Language:
I shall use language that is appropriate for a student audience. I shall make it slightly informal and fun but not patronising.

No comments:

Post a Comment