Wednesday 7 October 2015

Action plan for music magazine



Research and planning:
I will research similar, existing music magazines, plan settings, actors, locations and props for the photographs I will take for my magazine, I shall also plan the layout, draft and house style of my magazine. I shall take care in presenting my research and planning and manage my time efficiently.
Production:
I shall make sure my product is tailored to my target audience and the task, keeping in mind the design of the page, layout. I shall use various fonts to make my product more exciting and understandable. I shall use language and ICT skills effectively. I shall make sure I balance the use of illustration and text in my product.  I shall manipulate images appropriately for the product when needed, e.g. cropping, and resizing.
Evaluation:
 When I evaluate my product at the end of the task I shall make sure I have used digital technology and my ICT skills appropriately and effectively for the product, I shall evaluate the choices I made whilst creating my product and understand the issues around audience, institution, technology, repetition, forms and conventions when it comes to my final product.
Week beginning:
 Oct 5: Introduce main task, initial ideas for music magazine, research of chosen subgenre (front cover analysis)
Tasks: Introduce main task, action plan, initial ideas on music magazine, institution research, analyse two front covers from chose subgenre (post all on blog)
Oct 12: Research of chosen subgenre (contents page and double page spread analysis), develop pick.
Tasks: Analyse two contents page and two double page spreads of chosen subgenres (post on blog), develop pitch using Prezi.
Oct 19: Pick & audience, style sheet & mock-ups, planning and production.
Tasks: Present pitch, post pitch & audience feedback on blogs, mock-ups of magazine pages, produce a style sheet which reflects the brand identity/house style of magazine, organise models, locations, props, photoshoot and blog progress.
Oct 26: Half term
Tasks: Complete all outstanding tasks.
Nov 2:  Indesign/ Photoshop training, designing front cover.
Tasks: Magazine production.
Nov 9: Designing front cover
Tasks: Develop front cover: experimentation with layout, colour, font, language and photos.
Nov 16: Designing front cover.
Tasks: Develop contents cover: experimentation with layout, colour, font, language and photos.
Nov 23:  Designing double page spread.
Tasks: Develop double page spread: experimentation with layout, colour, font, language and photos.
Nov 30: Gain audience feedback on all magazine pages
Tasks: Develop design work based on feed back
Dec 7: Finalise magazine design
Tasks: finalise design of all pages
Dec 14: Evaluation preparation
Tasks: Develop draft evaluation.
Dec 21&28: Christmas holiday
Tasks: Draft evaluation.
Jan 4: Evaluation
Tasks: Develop evaluation
Jan 11: Evaluation
Tasks: Complete evaluation, final blog check.
                                                    JANUARY 19th FINAL DEADLINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment